Welcome to Vermont Day School! We invite you to learn about our K-8 independent school, our educational philosophy, and our innovative approach to learning.
Our belief is that education should be inspiring, appropriately challenging, relevant, and meaningful. We encourage our students to be passionate learners, creative thinkers, effective communicators and responsible global citizens.
The Vermont Day School community consists of a growing group of children, parents, faculty and Board members, all of whom are committed to creating a thriving school environment. We welcome you to explore what Vermont Day School has to offer.
As a growing school, we have expanded our grade offerings each year. Currently, we serve 33 students in grades K-6. For the 2017-2018 school year, we are excited to expand our program to offer Middle School. Please visit our Middle School description to learn more about this curriculum. We have very limited spaces available for the 2017-2018 school year, so we encourage applicants to contact us soon. Visit our Admissions page to learn how to apply.
Why Vermont Day School?
- Instruction in Literacy, Math, STEM, Global Studies, Music, Spanish, Art, PE and Digital Literacy
- Emphasis on 21st century learning competencies
- Integration of STEM (science, technology, engineering and math)
- Engaging, project-based approach to learning
- Individual learning goals for each student
- Small classes taught by experienced, dedicated teachers