Our mission is to foster the skills, knowledge, personal attributes and work habits that enable children to thrive effectively, meaningfully and joyously in the world of today and tomorrow.
At Vermont Day School, we teach students to:
- Education should be vibrant, stimulating, relevant and meaningful. Innate curiosity, creativity and passion for learning are life-long qualities to foster.
- Respect for diversity and individual differences is the foundation of a healthy community of learners. Patience and tolerance, kindness and gratitude, are important attributes to cultivate.
- Innovative approaches to learning should be encouraged and celebrated; there is not just one right way.
- Effective communication skills in speaking and writing are essential competencies.
- Learning is not only about memorizing information; it’s about knowing what to do with it.
- A strong foundation in math, science and digital learning is paramount for success in school and beyond.
- Collaboration with peers–at the table, in the community and across the globe–promotes communication, open-mindedness and flexibility.
- Work habits of persistence, initiative, adaptability and self-reflection contribute to effective learning.