We are delighted you are considering Vermont Day School for your child. Admissions for the 2018-2019 school year begins in November. If you would like to apply, we ask that you do the following:
1. Learn about our school
Our Winter Open House will be held on Sunday, February 11th at 3 pm. Attend an informational event, or contact us via phone or email to set up a tour. We are happy to answer questions about our school, and work with you to decide if Vermont Day School is the right learning environment for your child.
2. Complete an Application Form
- Digital Application Form. Once you have completed the online application, hit send and the form will be emailed directly to us. A $50 application fee must be sent via mail in order to complete your application.
- Printable Application form. Print the application at home and return it via mail or email. A $50 application fee must be sent via mail in order to complete your application.
3. Submit Teacher Recommendation Form and Progress Reports
Ask your child’s teacher to complete the Teacher Recommendation Form appropriate for your child’s age. The Teacher Recommendation Forms are available in two formats:
- Digital Teacher Recommendation Form (Pre-K to Grade 2)
- Digital Teacher Recommendation Form (Grades 3-8)
- Printable Teacher Recommendation Form (Pre-K to Grade 2)
- Printable Teacher Recommendation Form (Grades 3-8)
In some cases, we may request your permission to speak with your child’s teachers directly. We also ask that you submit progress reports (if applicable) from your child’s pre-school/school.
4. Classroom Visit and Assessment
Once we have received your child’s application and the application fee, we schedule a classroom visit for students entering grades 1-8. For Kindergarten applicants, we will host prospective Kindergarten Visiting Morning on February 15th. A classroom visit is a time for your child to experience life in a Vermont Day School classroom. On the day of the visit, we will also administer a brief educational assessment to help us with placement for literacy and math, should your child enroll at our school.
Applications for admissions are due March 1st, 2018. Following this date, applications are considered on a rolling basis, as space allows. Please refer to the Admissions Checklist to be sure that you have submitted all the necessary information to complete your child’s application.
Admissions decisions are mailed to prospective families. Acceptance packets include an enrollment contract. To secure your child’s spot at Vermont Day School for the upcoming school year, we ask that you return the completed enrollment contract and a $500 non-refundable deposit (applied towards tuition for school year).
Vermont Day School is committed to having a diverse body of learners, with a range of interests, backgrounds and abilities. Differentiating instruction to ensure that each child is learning at his/her instructional level is at the heart of what we do every day. However, we do not have learning or behavioral specialists on staff at this time. Thus, we may deny admission or re-enrollment to a child if we feel he/she may be better served at another educational setting that offers instruction or resources more suited to the child’s educational, behavioral or social-emotional needs. Please do not hesitate to contact us to discuss whether Vermont Day School is the right learning optimal for your child. We are always happy to talk!